This is a ‘centering’ and ‘settling’ activity to bring focus when things are somewhat chaotic. It takes about 3 minutes to perform.
- The group stands (or sits) in a circle, holding hands.
- The leader/presenter of the activity then announces to the group that they are going to squeeze the hand of the person on their right.
- That person, will then squeeze the hand on their right, thus passing the squeeze around the circle in a pulse-like manner.
- Allow the pulse to go around at least once.
- In larger groups, a second, third or more pulses can be ‘started’ by the presenter.
Items to say for reflection include
- The meaning / sacredness of circles.
- The squeeze passing around the entire group, like energy passing from one person to the next.
- It may rest on each of us longer, or shorter, but continues to work its way around the group, touching all of us.
- It is only because we are all connected, that the energy can flow between and amongst us.
- Let us be mindful of that connection as we now return to our seats, and begin this next activity/event/segment.